Types of data we collect and how we obtain it
We obtain information about you when you disclose it to us in the course of using our services, such as:
- your name and email address when you register a user account
- your date of birth, identification information, and other details about you when we verify your identity and age
- any profile data you share with us, including profile pictures, gender, marital status, interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses, etc.
- information shared with us when you contact us for assistance or support
- your billing information when you subscribe to any of our paid services and transaction records of payments made to or from you in relation to such services
- your marketing and communications preferences, which includes your preferences about receiving marketing from us or third parties, and the ways in which you prefer to be contacted
- any information you share when you upload content to a website hosted by us
We collect contact information when you communicate with us through certain channels of communication, such as:
- your email address when you communicate with us through email
- your mailing address when you communicate with us by post
- your social media handle when you communicate with us by social media
We gather technical information relating to you when you use our services, such as:
- your internet protocol (IP) address
- records of when you logged in or logged out of your account
We also collect technical information aggregated from all our users, such as:
- browser type and version
- device type
- time zone, country, and city
- operating system and platform
- user demographics and statistical data
- other aggregated data about the devices and software used to access our website and services.
We may also obtain information about you where it is publicly available, or where required or permitted by law.
How we use data
We only use your personal data where permitted by law.
Most commonly, we will use your personal data to perform a contract entered into with you, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, and/or where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
This includes the following general purposes:
- register you as a user and/or customer, including creating your user account
- verifying your identity and age to ensure you have capacity to use our services
- providing support or assistance to you and responding to your queries
- processing and managing your payments, fees and charges, and collecting and recovering money owed to us, if you subscribe to our paid services
- providing you with marketing or other communications in accordance with your preferences
- responding to your messages by email, post, social media, or other channels of communication
- hosting your website and providing you with other products or services that you have purchased
- managing our relationship with you, such as notifying you about changes to our services, updates to the terms and conditions of any service, or asking you to leave a review or participate in a survey, participate in competitions or lucky draws
- administering and protecting our business and the services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, hosting data, and other functions
- delivering this website and other websites hosted through us
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless required or permitted by law.
Some content on our website may be provided by our advertising partners. We make every effort to information our viewers of such content. Some links to our partners website may compensate us if you make a purchase. We never share your data with our partners.
Aggregated technical information
How we share data
We do not share or sell your personal data with anyone. We take reasonable measures to ensure that third parties with whom we collaborate protect your personal data.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time. However please note that we collect personal data where we believe it is necessary to provide you with our services. Accordingly, if you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, we may not be able to provide such services to you.
For example, if you withdraw your consent to our use of your billing information, we will be unable to process payments from you. Consequently, we will not be able to offer you our paid services, and any paid services you have with us will be cancelled.
Access and correction of your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You may request access to your personal data, and correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data, at any time.
Retention of personal data
The Afford retains your personal data (i) where necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it; (ii) where necessary for business or legal purposes; or (iii) where required or permitted by law.
Third party links